Held this year from 25 to 27 November, the region’s largest and most followed Japanese popular culture and anime festival boasts more than 130 exhibitors, a line-up of popular artistes, and an exciting programme. Prices below.
The exhibition halls were packed today! Personally, I’m looking forward to buying some merchandise from my favourite anime, and watching my favourite seiyuu (voice actors) on the day stage. Photo credit: Anime Festival Asia Singapore 2016.
The annual Anime Festival Asia (AFASG2016) kicked off its three-day experiential showcase today in Singapore.
- Dates: 25 – 27 November 2016
- Location: Suntec City Convention and Exhibition Centre (Levels 3 & 4)
- Friday & Saturday: 9.30 am ~ 8pm
- Sunday: 9.30 am ~ 7pm
Attendees and aspiring cosplay enthusiasts can also look forward to meeting celebrity cosplayers from the region this year.
Some new highlights include the inaugural ANiBEATS, a 1-night only after party on 27 November, featuring DJs who blend EDM (electronic dance music) with anisongs (anime songs).
You can find immersive experiences at various experience zones, including a Sword Art Online centric exhibition booth that showcases artwork and animation cuts of all seasons of this beloved series.
The festival consists of three main components:
- Exhibition Hall with over 200 booths offering merchandise, displays and experience zones as well as a mini stage (Akiba Stage).
- Main Day Stage where activities with featured guests and anime are showcased at various timings.
- “I Love Anisong” concerts in the evenings.
Tickets for AFASG2016 start from S$13 per day for Exhibition-only access.
For Exhibition+Main stage access, tickets cost $23 per day, and for access to all three components tickets go for $88 per day.
Limited tickets can be purchased on-site.
Original merchandise direct from Japan, including merchandise exclusive to the festival, will be available for shoppers.